"Everything that concerns you"

Mark Lomas

Every Spiderman iteration with a big screen release.

Staffers debate best Spider-Man movies of all time

February 18, 2022

With the release of Spider-Man: No Way Home, on December 17, The Eagle’s Eye chose staffers Mark Lomas and CJ Smith to rank their favorite Spiderman movies and explain their decisions.

Our writers limited their selections to movies in which Spider-Man was the primary character, so they did not consider Avengers movies as part of their rankings.

Mark’s Spider-Man Opinions

In my opinion, the best Spider-Man film has to be Spider-Man: No Way Home. It succeeded where Spider-Man 3 failed. It was able to bring in multiple villains yet, it doesn’t give us cringe-worthy scenes. Overall, the movie was personal and emotional.

The second best movie after that would be Spider-Man: Far From Home.” The reason why I put this movie second is that it was able to effectively show what life was like after Avengers Endgame. I like how this movie established that the whole reason why Mysterio became a villain was because of Tony Stark.

My third favorite Spider-Man movie is the original Spider-Man. This is because it made Green Goblin a highly disturbing villain. I also liked how they made Peter Parker a dorky character. This movie has to be one of the best origin stories for Spider-Man.

After that, it would be Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. This movie was great and it made Miles Morales a household name. However, I feel like they could’ve added in a few more Spider-Man characters as it would have been cool to see more. That’s the reason why I ranked this film lower than the others.

Spider-Man 2 would be the next best. I put it in this spot because it made Doc Ock a compelling character. It was nice to see that he eventually became good in the end and sacrificed himself for New York. It also introduced new characters effectively, while putting emphasis on how Peter and his family were affected by him being Spider-Man.

Spider-Man Homecoming would be in this spot because it made Peter a dork while making Spider-Man quippy. The film effectively made the new Spider-Man character just like the comic books.

The Amazing Spider-Man is in this spot because Andrew Garfield was a great Spider-Man; however, he was not as good as Tom Holland. In my opinion, the movie was great, just not as great as the other movies.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 would be in the second to last spot because it set up too many characters without having a payoff. Electro looked like he was part of the Blue Man Group. Harry as Green Goblin was just weird-looking. While I don’t think that this one is terrible by any means, I believe a 3rd Spiderman movie would’ve made this movie better.

Spider-Man 3, in my opinion, is the weakest Spider-Man movie of all time. The concept of the movie itself is interesting. However, the execution is flawed. After rewatching it in 2022, the entire movie is cringe-worthy and hilariously bad. Venom doesn’t look right, and too many characters were introduced but not given enough solo screen time. So we were given villains we don’t connect with.

About the Writer
Photo of Mark Lomas
Mark Lomas, Co-Editor-In-Chief
Grade:12th

Academy: New Tech

Number of Years on Staff: Third Year

Title: Co-Editor-In-Chief

Why do you enjoy being on staff? Being on staff allows me to experience things that I wasn’t able to experience before. I also find it fun to write and hopefully make an impact on people’s lives.

What do you do for fun?I like to read sci-fi books, watch movies, play video games, take apart electronics, etc.

What are your hobbies? Video Editing, Playing Tennis, listening to music.

Hopes & Dreams after high school? Hopefully, become a film editor or a newspaper editor. If all else fails, i’ll go into cybersecurity

Hidden Talent (optional): I play 4 instruments.