"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

Student film screened once again

With hard work and long hours put into a small student made film, senior Cristina Gonzalez’s specially selected film was chosen once again to be screened at the Texas Union Film Festival.

Gonzalez was very happy to hear the announcement of the film being screened yet again.

“I was like ‘no way’, because I didn’t think another festival would want to see a three minute film,” Gonzalez said. “ I was extremely excited because it’s not everyday that a student film is screened yet alone twice.”

The film, Awkward Universe, was filmed in April last year. The film is about a girl named Tina who talks to the universe and hopes to have a good day but it winds up being horrible. But the film does have a happy ending.

“It was inspired by true events. 80% of the things that happened in the film had also happened to me.” Gonzalez said. “So I thought that it would be a good idea to write a story about it.”

After the film, several filmmakers and writers have been invited to attend a reception that’ll be held for the work they’ve done and Gonzalez as well has been invited.

“I was very excited because I really like making connections with people with the same interest,” Gonzalez said. “It would be to my advantage and it’s also a good learning experience.”

At the moment, Gonzalez is working on her second film, which she expects to finish this April.

“It’s going good. I hope to have my script picked again, so that I can direct my film again,” Gonzalez said. “I’m writing a script that will be the same style as the first one. Hopefully it comes out good.”

There are many positive reactions to Gonzalez’s film.

“It was one of the funniest short films I’ve ever seen. The characters hit dead perfect of what high school is like and the movie was really great,” Senior Marissa Gomez said. “And that we do live in an awkward universe.”

With much hard work putintothenextfilm,Gonzalez can only hope for the best outcome along with many positive reactions.

“I’m working hard for this next film so I really hope I can pull it off yet again I’m very excited and hopeful for a good turn out,” Gonzalez said. “I have many postive hopes for it.”