Akins basketball hopes for a good season with new coaches

December 12, 2017

Rashad Culver, Boys Varsity head coach

Eagle’s Eye: What has been your previous experience playing basketball?

Rashad Culver: In the past, I have played basketball for my high school and I did some practice with my college team (at the University of Arkansas).

EE: Have you coached anywhere besides Akins High School? If so, where?

RC: I’ve coached at a San Antonio Catholic School and I’ve thought it will be hard job for 1st timing coach but I’ve liked it a lot.

EE: When you found out you were going to be the new head varsity basketball coach after Coach Hayes left, how did you feel?

RC: I’ve felt good because, Coach Hays was a good coach and i wanted to pass that on after he left because I know he will be happy with me being the new head varsity coach and making the team successful for Akins High School.

EE: What are you looking forward to as a head coach this year?

RC: I’m looking for making the team good this year and want them to have fun while they play and play as a team and hope everything goes good and get with the whole team and get to know them better and get them on winning streak.

EE: What challenges do you have to overcome as becoming a new head coach?

RC: The challenges that I want to overcome is making my team look good for Akins high school and make them better and to look forward to this upcoming seasons with the team.

EE: What do you expect from the team for this upcoming season?

RC: To be a good team and work with each while we’re playing on the court and letting everybody play throughout the whole season.

EE: What’s something about yourself that you want fans of Akins basketball to know about you?

RC: I want the fan’s at Akins to know I’m a good coach and that I want everyone to graduate and know that I’m here if you need anything and want to keep you’re a success.

About the Writer
Photo of Fabian Morales
Fabian Morales, Staff Writer
Name: Fabian
Grade: 10th
Academy: New Tech
Year on Staff: 1st year
Title: Staff Writer
Why they are on staff?: I like writing about important stuff
What do you do for fun?: Hoop or be on social media
What movie do you recommend that everyone watch?: American Sniper
Plans for after high school?: Get a house and have a good job
Hidden Talent: Basketball