Christmas is time for DIY decoration ideas

December 16, 2015

If you have no idea what or how to do DIY Christmas decorations just keep on reading to learn different ways to spice up your home with holiday cheer.

What comes to mind when you think about the holidays? For most of us it’s food and getting the gifts we have always wanted the whole year. But in my mind it’s all about the Do It Yourself Christmas decorations.

Picture Frame

The first project is a peppermint picture frame, you will need peppermints, popsicle sticks,red paint, peppermints candy,a hot glue gun and mod podge. What we recommend doing first is covering the peppermints in glue let them dry and then glue them on the frame. To build the actual frame first paint the sticks red or if you think it’s easier you can just buy the red popsicle sticks. Then just glue them together with the hot glue gun to make a frame shape. The last step is just to glue the peppermints onto the frame with the hot glue gun. And your done a cute and easy picture frame.

Newspaper Ornament

The second project is a newspaper inspired ornament. This one is more about hands on so prepare to get sticky and messy. You will need a plain ornament or any that you can get with glitter, a silver mod podge paintbrush and newspaper. First you will cut the newspaper into strands not too long and not too short. Then just with the mod podge start gluing the newspaper onto the ornament. What I recommend doing is while putting the newspaper and mod podge glue it with the glitter. Then just let it dry and before you know it you will have cute ornament.

Ornament Garland

This third project is a ornament garland. This is really easy to make. All you need is some ornaments and some string. Just put the ornaments through the string and arrange them in different patterns. Try not to put them too close to each other. Space them out.

Let It Snow Sign

This fourth project is a “Let it snow” sign. You will need glitter, sky blue paint, a canvas and some clear Christmas lights. First you will paint the words LET in white paint and put silver glitter on top. Then the IT in sky blue paint NO GLITTER. Then the SNOW in white paint and then put silver glitter on top also. The last step is from the back of the canvas. Poke holes and put the Christmas lights through the holes and then just plug them in and you got a lit sign to show off your holiday spirit.

Snowman Ornament

The last project is a snowman ornament you will need a plain ornament white and black paint and a piece of orange paper. First paint the ornament with the white paint about 3 coats of paint then for the eyes and mouth use the black paint but in the shape of a smile as the mouth. Last thing cut a little piece of orange paper shape it as a cone and glue it to the ornament as the nose.

Glitter Ombre Ornament

Up Cycled Ornament

Peppermint Picture Frame

Photo Ornament

Snowman Ornament