Prom details announced for Class of 2021

Senior+prom+will+be+held+at+The+Belmont+on+Saturday%2C+May+8th+from+7+pm-11+pm.+

Image courtesy of Akins Prom Committee.

Senior prom will be held at The Belmont on Saturday, May 8th from 7 pm-11 pm.

Heba Dalu, Editor-in-Chief

Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, many seniors have lost out on events that would have happened in a normal year. One of these events that many seniors look forward to is their prom, which was just announced to be happening this year. 

There are specific guidelines that each Senior has to meet in order to be eligible to attend prom: 

• Have to be a senior
  • Must receive credit in 6 out of 8 classes in the Fall 2020
  • Must pass 6 out of 8 classes for the 4th & 5th six weeks
  • No more than 5 absences per class for the Spring 2021
  • Cannot have been sent to ALC this school year
  • Must have an ID (student ID or photo ID) to attend Prom and have with you when you arrive to Prom. If you do not have an ID, please contact the campus to get your ID.

The Senior prom, A Night Under the Stars, will be held at The Belmont, located at 305 W. 6th St. on Saturday, May 8 from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. As safety precautions, masks will be mandatory and AISD Green screen and temperature checks will be required prior to entering. 

For seniors that would like to attend, this form must be filled out. Once they have completed the form and have been screened, they will receive an email with a link to purchase their prom ticket(s). Prom tickets are $25 per person. Tickets will not be sold at the door. Tickets must be shown on their phone at the door along with your ID. No exceptions.

When asked if the prom would be indoors or outdoors, sponsor Peter Gutierrez, said it would be “A little bit of both, the main dance floor will be outdoors. The upstairs terrace overlooking downtown will also be open and have games, and a second dance floor and seating. There will also be an indoor portion as well though, but most areas are outdoors.”

Gutierrez will host information sessions on Zoom during FIT on Tuesday and Wednesday for students to learn more about prom. To access the Zoom meeting, guests must pre-register to receive the link to join the meeting. After registering and being approved, attendees will receive a unique link that allows them to access the meeting.