Blogging brings different style to social networking

Interests, likes, views, and ideas are just some of the things that are being expressed on the Internet. As people turn to the many social networking sites available on the world wide web like facebook, twitter, instagram, reddit or other forms, some students are looking for an alternative. That alternative is tumblr.

“I blog mostly instead of going on twitter or facebook. It’s more fun and useful,” junior Sydney Loyd said.

Having a blog involves a person having a website that is dedicated to their likes, views, and interests and records those ideals on a daily basis.

With the use of blogging rising on the social network ladder, many are turning to a website “Tumblr” for those ideals and are also turning to it for it’s unique varieties.

“I like tumblr because it’s things you are interested in and it’s a place where you don’t have to worry about people from school seeing your stuff,” senior Vanessa Montoya said.

Tumblr is a blogging website that incorporates text, photo, video, and audio posts all into a customizable theme.

The blogging site is known as a “better myspace” by some students, and tumblr is on the brink in the new era of social networking.

“Tumblr is by far better because it’s lots of things combined into one website rather than twitter where all you do is tweet,” Loyd said. “I’m able to write and express my ideas in different ways.”

Students feel that the website is a new approach to blogging and gives more than it offers.

“Blogging is where you post about your likes and interests and I think that tumblr does more than just that,” sophomore Natalie Roth said. “I see blogging as a way to express to other people how you feel and what’s going on in your life.”

With Tumblr on the rise, many blogging websites like Blogger, Live Journal, and WordPress are taking on the eye of many people.

The different aspects of Tumblr attract users.

“I feel like blogging is becoming more of a thing now,” Loyd said. “It’s different than using your standard social networking sites like Twitter or Facebook. It has a lot more substance to it.”