Follow Akins Journalism on Twitter
Recent Comments

Highly anticipated store opens

Doors fling open with crowds of people rushing in to grab the fresh new clothes placed on tables and racks, the new H&M store is here and open for business.
H&M, which held its grand opening on November 17th, accompanied with the first 500 shoppers anxiously waiting outside, was the first ever H&M built in Austin.
“When I saw the line the day of the opening I was very overwhelmed because there were so many people waiting to go in and shop, including me,” senior Arisbeth Garcia said.
The new store, which has multiple locations in multiple cities and countries, has recently become popular with many students.
“I heard really great things about the store and I really like that is affordable and has amazing clothing,” Garcia said. “H&M is very different than other stores because the clothes look high end but they are in fact very affordable.”
H&M is a widely known retail-clothing company, which brought much anticipation to its fellow shoppers.
“I was really ecstatic to find out they were opening one in Austin,” senior Danielle Molina said. “I had been to the one in Dallas so I was excited to have one closer to home now.”
With many different qualities, H&M has fully gotten the attention it deserves by fellow shoppers.
“To me it is more of they call fashion forward than the popular stores today,” Molina said.
With the affordable clothing, unique fashion sense, and overall newness, H&M is a store many hope to visit and help update the fashion world today.
“I think many people will start shopping there and it will be really big,” Garcia said. “I am glad H&M is here in town now because now there is much more variety clothing wise.”
With the opening of H&M, there is much joy to go around.