Anime more than stereotypical childrens cartoon

In elementary school, I’m sure all of you heard the quote “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover”

As cliche as this sounds, I completely agree with it.

Whenever people hear the word anime, they insult it without even giving it a chance. Just because a show is animated  doesn’t mean it’s not worth watching.

When I tell some people about them, they usually tell me “They’re for kids.”

I assume they have only watched the mainstream ones like Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh!, don’t get me wrong though, they are really good, too.

I don’t understand why people say that anime is only for kids. Some anime have plots that little kids couldn’t possibly understand. If you made a child sit down and watch Death Note I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t understand what was happening.

Plots aren’t the only good things about them, the quality is fantastic, and by fantastic I mean cinematic. If the anime was created 2007 or later, I can assure you it has impressive quality.

If you watch at least one episode of Sword Art Online, you’ll see the quality I’m talking about, it practically looks like it was made to be played in the theatre.

They also have plots that are outstanding and make you fall off the seat while watching.

Code Geass and Death Note are very well known for having story lines that make you not want to stop watching, as they have a lot of twists.

Death Note is about high school student, Light Yagami, who finds a notebook on the floor. With said notebook if he writes a name of a person with their face in his mind they will die. The battle between Yagami and “L,” a genius teenager, gets pretty intense.

Another thing I love about anime is that they can also hit you in the gut. If you haven’t already I recommend watching Clannad, I have yet to meet anyone who has watched it completely and not cried or not liked it.

Clannad is more of a slice of life anime. It revolves around Tomoya Okazaki, your typical delinquent High School student who meets a shy girl called Nagisa. It’s basically about him helping his friends with their problems and the story progresses into a heartbreaking tale. Clannad is ranked number 5 among all anime.

“Anime is only for girls.” I’m pretty sure I’ve heard this dozens of times. I highly disagree because there are many of them out there that were practically made for guys. Ao No Exorcist and Naruto are good examples, there’s nothing “girly” about them.

When you watch anime you can also get a slice of the Japanese culture and possibly their language if you watch it in subtitles. I think it’s interesting seeing how different it is over here from over there.

So next time your friend recommends an anime, watch it. I guarantee you won’t regret it.