"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

Student markets GLOW clothing line

Ricardo Ramos Ramirez

Since fall 2022, a beige and green hoodie with arabic lettering for the word GLOW, has become a popular item to wear on campus at Akins.

The GLOW streetwear fashion line is the brainchild of senior Luther Lagamon. He has promoted his brand on Instagram and has a wait list to sign up for his item drops. His original design featured a phrase written in Arabic on the back in four lines of text that read “Brightest in the Sky.”

So far he has released three designs with the most recent being late January. He has collaborated with some other Akins streetwear designers, including the guys who made the Billion $ Tribe shirt release.

Lagamon said he wanted his designs to help people “shine brighter in a place where everyone is already shining bright.”

The Eagle’s Eye interviewed Lagamon to ask him about his inspiration and his hopes for the future.

EE: When did you first decide to make your streetwear?

LL :I always had an interest in clothing making my own jeans and shirts

EE: What was your motivation to make your clothing?

LL: My motivation is thinking about the bigger picture and what my brand can become

EE: What did you have to learn to sell online?

LL: I had to learn the website aspect for my business

EE: Where did you draw your inspiration from?

LL: I drew inspiration from clint419 owner of Corteiz, and the way he built his brand to be exclusive, and have people run for his clothes

EE: What does GLOW mean to you?

LL: GLOW means to me that you get to shine in your own way, when people say “happy glow day “ usually it’s referring to their birthday but why can’t you GLOW every day

EE: How does it make you feel to see other people wear your clothing?

LL: I feel a sense of accomplishment when I  see everyone supporting my vision, being able to see what I made feels surreal

EE: And in the future what do you plan to do?, especially after you graduate?

LL: All the money I get from my clothes I put back into my brand, after graduating I want to pull all my attention to my brand and market it to where it’s nationwide