"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

9/11 remembered on campus

New York city’s main streets full of smoke, the sound of ambulance sirens, the horrific sight of two 747s crashing into the World Trade Center, is the picture painted in the heads of students for the morning of September 11, 2001.

In remeberance, the Akins ROTC Saber team held a reminder ceremony of that tragic day.

Also in the ceremony was Akins Choir, joined by band trumpet player junior Cameron LaSonde.

The Akins Saber team led by team captain junior Tessa Samano in their drills, eventually leading to the raising of the flags half-staff.

Corps commander senior Cheyenne Dobson spoke in memory of the victims to close the ceremony

“It is important that students remember and honor the victims of that day, and keep ceremonies like this alive and teach each others to be united,” Samano said.

This honor of carrying on this ceremony even inspires new team members.

“It felt very cool and special to be part of the ceremony and honor the 9/11 victims,” freshman Maritza Ramirez.

ROTC members believe that it is important to keep ceremonies alive in our school.