"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

"Everything that concerns you"

Murder Mystery Madness

Akins Theatre production performs Clue as first play of the year
Senior Joaquin Arredondo, who plays Professor Plum, examines a glass while waiting to be served food with senior Q Perry who plays Ms. White.

The audience only sees the finished product when they go see a play without knowing all the work that went in behind the scenes. From memorizing lines, building sets, pulling costumes, and lighting cues many little things go on behind the scenes to produce a play.

Senior Q Perry, who plays Ms. White in the theatre department’s production of Clue, said it’s challenging bringing a character to life who’s been played so many times before.

“It’s challenging it’s an iconic script. It’s become a movie. It’s a well-known play,” they said. “ It’s hard to try and become a character that has been done so many times and make it unique to yourself as an actor.”
In addition to the challenge of producing a play, the cast and crew are also adjusting to working with Le Easter, as the new director of the theatre department.

Merritt Robertson, who plays Col.Mustard in the theatre department’s production of Clue said working with a new director is a new experience but it’s gotten easier to bring their vision to life as they’ve worked together.

“It’s definitely a new experience It takes a while to be able to learn how they direct in their teaching style,” she said “But I think that as we’ve gotten on it’s easier to figure out what they’re looking for and what I can do to help that vision.”