Marvel’s loose ends leaves lore lacking

End credits leaves fans with more questions than answers

Marvel Studios is best known for its ever expanding connected universe. With a staggering 33 films, there is a ton of content within that expands the world building of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

While cliffhangers are a great way to get the viewer excited for what’s to come, some cliffhangers that Marvel has thrown at us aren’t as hyped up with them having no immediate follow ups. Here are some of the stragglers in Marvel’s great web of loose ends.

Harry Styles as Starfox – Eternals 2021

Harry Styles, beloved by millions of fans and a former member of One Direction, took on the role of Starfox, Thanos’s brother, in the 2021 movie Eternals. With Thanos being a prominent character in his two big movies Infinity War and Endgame, the reveal of Thanos’s brother should be an important story beat that leaves an opening for many storylines to come. Unfortunately,the story ended before it even started.

The cameo of starfox was only in one end credit scene, so those ten seconds we see him are all we have. There was supposed to be an Eternals 2 that would have started production this year, butMarvel Studios decided to pull that movie along with other projects like Silver Surfer, and Sinister six, both cancelled due to performance failure such as Eternals. The director of Eternals has mentioned that there’s more in store for Starfox than a couple minutes of introduction, but until the possibility of Eternals 2 getting unshelved becomes a reality, it looks like we’re not going to be seeing “The Handsome Titan” for a while.

Scorpion in Prison – Spider-man: Homecoming (2017)

Mac Gargan, also known as Scorpion: a professional criminal working for The Vulture who, like many other Spider-Man villains, hates Spider-Man. Scorpion wasn’t a very prominent character in Spider-man: Homecoming, with him only having a few minutes of screen time. However, the end credit scene is where the real character development happens. Scorpion, now sporting a messed up eye, talks to Vulture about how he wants to kill the Spider-man and aksVulture for his name. Vulture, not wanting to reveal Spider-man’s identity, chooses not to tell him and pretends he doesn’t know.

We have zero information on the whereabouts of The Scorpion, because the Spider-man movies after Homecoming were quickly shifted to the overseas plotline. For all we know, Scorpion could very well be out of prison and hunting for Spider-man as we speak. Spider-Man 4 is currently in development , which at first gave hope to the possibility of seeing the character return to the big screen, but the producers of the movie stated that the villain of the fourth film will be a villain not yet adapted into live-action. So it’s safe to say that we won’t be seeing Scorpion for a very long time, if at all.

Prince T’Challa II – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was more than a sequel to the original Black Panther in 2018. It was a goodbye letter to the late star Chadwick Boseman, who passed away in August 2020. The film did a great job at continuing his legacy with Shuri becoming the next black panther, although Shuri isn’t the only member of the family who can carry on the mantle.

In the post credit scene of Wakanda Forever, it was revealed that the character of T’Challa had a son, Prince T’Challa II, who was kept a secret to everyone in Wakanda except for his wife Nakia. When Shiri was shown T’Challa’s son, she was taken aback and hopeful for the future, saying that she knows he will be a strong great leader in the future.

We do have some information regarding the future of the T’Challa family. In the comics, T’Challa’s son joins the Young Avengers, a project we will be seeing in the near future. The end credit scene also states that we will see the Black Panther again. Whether it’s Shuri’s Black Panther or T’Challa’s Black Panther we don’t know for sure, but if Marvel Studios were to not have the story continue it would be a huge miss out.

These are only a few of the many loose ends Marvel has yet to clear up. Some have promising futures, while others might end up left on the cutting room floor. Only time will tell what direction Marvel decides to go in with a huge number of movies and shows lined up, but let’s hope to not have to make another one of these lists with even more of Marvel’s loose ends.