Attendees prepare for upcoming prom expenses

Maheen Anjum, Features Editor

Akins High School Prom 2016 will be held on May 14, 2016 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Omni Southpark hotel located on 4140 Governors Row, Austin, TX 78744. Ticket pricing varies according to how early they are purchased but it ranges from $45 to $65 per person.

The 2016 prom theme is “All That Glitters Is Gold,” which includes the colors gold, silver, white and yellow in the decor. The ticket price covers a small meal and a photo book for each person. Administrators have set requirements for students to attend prom, including completion of the senior checklist and clearing financial obligations to the school for overdue textbooks and other fees by April 29. For non-Akins students attending prom, a special form is required for ticket purchase to attend the event.

The form is available here. A PDF file is attached which non-Akins student must have completed and signed by their high school or college principal as well as bring a copy of their TX drivers license to attend Akins prom. Students may bring anyone over 21 years of age as their date but only with special permission by the principal.
Michael Iffla from Iffla Productions has been our DJ for many events and prom 2016will be another.