Maintenance needed to improve appearance

The+front+of+the+schools+yard+before+the+grass+was+cut+and+flowers+were+planted.+

Lala Villegas

The front of the school’s yard before the grass was cut and flowers were planted.

Lala Villegas, News Editor

When you pull up to Akins the first thing you notice is the grass, flowers and just the yard in general.

It creates a negative impression about the school when little things like the grass or flowers are not taken care of.

It’s like if you are downtown and see a broken window on a building and no one has fixed it. It makes people think that no one cares how things should look.

What better way to leave a good impression with our school than it being tidied up, everything clean, and our yard all kept up with and maintained?

All schools want that reputation of being the best school out there, but with that it also comes with having your campus looking neat and well represented.

I love our school. It’s great and all but we should do a better job of maintaining our campus and keeping it clean.

Granted that there may not be enough time and people tend to get busy with other “important” things, but if we want that “best school” reputation then we need to make some changes.

I have heard from my parents and other parents before how ugly our grounds look sometimes. The grass gets really tall and the flowers are dead or sometimes we don’t even have flowers there.

The school recently got the grass cut and the flowers put in. However, student organizations should help out to make sure the grounds look great.

Let’s step up to do our part over the summer to make sure that Akins looks great when freshmen step on campus for the first time in August.